Sunday, September 4, 2016

Parenting: Communications from the Front

Txt: Mom can I go to Dairy Queen, (friend) is driving
Rply: Who else is going?
Txt: (Friends)
Rply: OK, that's fine. Four people in the car is enough. Don't do anything stupid and don't die. And stop rolling your eyes at me, I'm your mother.
Txt: Mom its fine
Rply: Have fun.

Txt: Forgot key
Rply: OK, I'll drop it off for you. Where is it?
--------------
(Later, at the school)
M: "This is an extra key, I couldn't find yours. Where is it?"
B: "I don't know." (Shrugs, puts hands in pockets)
B: "Wait. I think I found it."

Txt: I should not have to text you from inside the house. Come downstairs.

(At end of school day, after being informed that I will come to pick him up)
Txt: Am I supposed to get on the bus?
Rply: No
Txt: Ok where are you then?
Rply: DRIVING
Txt: Oh. Sorry.

Txt: Why are you on the way here or was tht meant for sombody else
Rply: I didn't tell you I was on the way there.
Txt: ok
Rply: Worse news--unidentified person on way there.
Txt: Lol no I just flipped through the previous txts on accident

(Leaving for work in the morning, beef jerky stick is discovered under windshield wiper of truck)
Txt: Have a nice snack. --annanymous

Txt: Are you alive?
Rply: Yes mom im alive
Txt: I assumed so, but it never hurts to check.


No comments:

Post a Comment