Thursday, April 19, 2012

Update on Money-Making Scheme #1: Consigning the Kids' Clothing

In an earlier post, I wrote about my generally unsuccessful attempt to make money by consigning some of my kids' old clothes.  When I left the store, most of the items still in hand but some reluctantly accepted, I was told to call in about two weeks and check on the status of my account.

If you followed the link above, you know that this event took place more than two months ago.  However, until yesterday, I still hadn't gotten around to calling.  My thinking was this.  Given the not-so-enthusiastic reception that greeted my offerings, they're probably not going to just fly off the sales floor.  Therefore (I thought), I don't want to call too early, hoping to have accumulated even the small amount of cash that would be possible, and discover that I've collected nothing.  I decided to wait until my items had some time to sell, then come in and pick up my ten bucks and be done with it.

So yesterday, I called the shop to check my balance and see if it was time to swoop in, victorious, and claim my lunch money.  The total balance in my account was--drum roll, please--one dollar and fifty cents.  Money-Making Scheme #1?  Fail two times.

No comments:

Post a Comment